The decision to sell your Structured Settlement or Annuity could be one of the biggest decisions you will make in your lifetime. So you really need to make sure to do your homework when it comes to settling on the factoring company you want to basically “get into business” with. A quick google search will turn up a myriad of options, but just like people, no two are exactly alike. Most of the companies you come across will be above-board a legitimate, but a few won’t be.
So here are a few items to check off your list when you are doing your homework:
- Call around and see who has the most competitive offer
- Make sure the company is licensed and has a positive rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Look for companies with a proven track record and is up-to-date on various pertinent state laws
- Has positive online customer reviews or with the local Chamber Of Commerce
- Gives you options for an immediate cash advance
- Has customer service reps who are helpful and provide you with a sense of trust
And, always make sure you consult an accountant or a lawyer before making a decision.